In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 528
Online now 479 Record: 4057 (5/20/2013)
Where serious Louisville fans get the inside scoop on the Cardinals
Your headquarters for complete Louisville basketball and football recruiting coverage
The largest and most popular online community discussing Louisville's football program
The oldest and most popular University of Louisville basketball forum on the Internet
Any and all non-Cardinal talk occurs here
This is the place to talk some smack with rival schools or vent your frustration
This is the place to buy, sell or trade tickets and Cardinal memorabilia
Want to talk politics? Here’s the place. Right, Left or Center, your thoughts are welcome
The place for discussion on conference expansion
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
1. Behanan comes off the bench
2. We lost our best big men from last year, but these new guys are pretty good too.
3. Head fakes are good.
4. The Stanford women's coach is the best coach in America, no matter the sport.
5. Ware is as good as Smith and Siva with the ball.
6. Head fakes are important
You forgot one other thing we have learned
Head fakes are really important
No u got it wrong head fakes are very important how did u forget that lol
This post was edited by JtownCard 16 months ago
He did mention that we were very good and didn't seem to have many if any weaknesses. I'm OK with that comment.
But, head fakes are good.
Bob Knight is right, though. People don't use the head fake enough anymore. I will say that the times I have seen Wayne use it, it has frozen his man and he was able to become wide open for a sweet jumper. In fact, I am not sure if I have seen Wayne miss hardly any shots where he has utilized the head fake.....
Not a big fan of Bobby Knight as a commentator but he does tell it like it is and he might as well have been saying all game that we are the best team there is.
Make fun of the ball fake stuff, but he is right. And Wayne does it VERY well.
He clearly doesn't follow the sport as much as he used to, but he's still better than 90% of the other announcers out there.
Digger Phelps? Pam Ward? Jimmy Dykes? I'll take Bobby Knight any day over that selection (and many, many others).
I think I heard him mention head fakes, BTW he had NO comment about Louisvilles next opponent.
one thing about bobby knight is for sure, he doesn't like cheaters, that and he really loves head fakes.
Make fun of him, but he's right. His basketball IQ is off the charts. He may be the smartest basketball coach (in terms of knowing the game inside and out) of all time. He's a coach's coach.
This post was edited by mpsher01 16 months ago
Damn, not sure I've given more "Up votes" in another thread ever.
He has insight but listening to Knight is just terrible.
His man crush on Ware was off the charts
7. You don't play defense with your hands... only your feet.
8. All fouls except the ones where you grab someones arm are unnecessary.
9. Denny likes fishing.
10. The definition of flagrant is "something really unusual."
And it should have been. And this is coming from the biggest Ware critic from last season. Ware is getting it done without an ego and as a complete team player. Big KUDOS to Ware!
The defensive pressure we can apply is insane. Russ and Siva are obviously ballhawks. And Chane and Wayne look to be getting better on defense. When you bring the length and athleticism of Ware and Harrell off the bench it has to be just overwhelming, That is like 100 ft. of arms off the bench.
Agree. Don't care how knowledgable he is... He's horrendous to listen to. He's just an angry old man and is as dull as they come.
I'm not a big B. Knight fan but will say he was spot on with two things. Ware is coming on and is a contributor to the same level of Siva and Russ. I never thought I would see it, especially, this season.
The other remark is that we might be the deepest team in Div. I.
National Champs- Class of '80
Because Behanon, Price, Van Treese weren't "big" men last year?
He also was totally unaware of Gorgui injury.
He obviously knows BB, but his ego ruins his commentary for me. Every play he monday morning QB's and basically says that his was the only style to coach.
He said that Russ taking a 3 was our worse postion of the game (of course Russ missed). Five minutes later Russ drains a 3 and it's our "best offensive possession of the half!"
Great time to be a Cardinal, and getting better!
Isn't that what Pitino says too?
food for thought, when bobby is getting a BJ from his wife...does he tell her that she utilizes the head fake really well??? i know...
11. Behanan is great in the high post because he can turn around really fast.
12. We need more spacing on our fast breaks.
13. Having 40 points is way better than having 39 points.
14. Our team has no weaknesses.
15. Head fakes are really important and you just can't stress that enough.
16. Behanan head faking a 3 and then shooting a long two is a great shot for us even if he misses.
17. Getting way behind against a good team is the way to get better.
18. You've got to flash in and out of the lane in 3 seconds.
19. Ware is 6'2" but if you measure him after the game he is taller.
20. Sometimes you just have to call a time out and say to your team "what the #!?# is going on out there?"
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports